Monday 25 September 2017

Lino printing on fabric

On Saturday, I held my first ever workshop on linocut printing onto fabric in the Lake District - with the huge support of local artist Geraldine Walkington. I thoroughly enjoyed sharing my learning to date with our 5 attendees and we had a hands-on session printing onto a wide range of fabrics and getting some great results.

A few attendees were new to lino cutting completely and others were already highly skilled printmakers. Feedback was very positive and as you can see from the photos below, we had a fun afternoon and produced some lovely work.

 
The group printed onto cotton, as well as upholstery fabric and even leather.
 
 
We used water-based textile medium and acrylic paint, inking up with foam rollers.
 
 
In a short period of time, some lovely work was created... 
 
 
 
 
 
 
To see more of my work, please check out my website: www.carolynmurphy.co.uk where you will also find an online Shop with currently available work. Thanks!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment