Friday 19 October 2018

More about Macmillan and 'Serenity' cards

On October 17th, I spoke briefly at a Macmillan volunteers and fundraisers event at UKFast in Manchester, with Debbie Smith, the Macmillan Cancer Support Information Centre Manager at Wythenshawe Hospital. I explained all the support I have received from the Centre over the last two years and the difference it has made to me. I almost managed not to get too emotional!

Debbie talked about her role, the people she supports and how the new extension will help.

We also showed the A1 sized 'Serenity' linocut I was commissioned to create for the new extension to the Macmillan Centre at Wythenshawe Hospital. It's now framed and on the wall.

Macmillan Centre Manager Debbie Smith (left) and Carolyn Murphy with 'Serenity' 

Carolyn Murphy with her reduction linocut 'Serenity'


I donated a second original linocut from the edition, which is now in the Macmillan family room in Wythenshawe Hospital.

Now cards of 'Serenity' and A3 reproductions are available to buy online via the charity Love From The Artist. All profits go directly to the Macmillan Information Centre at Wythenshawe Hospital.

'Serenity' cards now for sale online

2 designs from 'Serenity' are available - this one is 'Balloons'


You can follow the creation of my first linocut commission on this blog by following this link to the first in a series of blog posts I wrote at the time. I was also delighted to be featured in a blog post on the 'Probably Prints' site.

To learn more about my work, please check out my website www.carolynmurphy.co.uk where you'll find my gallery, online shop and links to my social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment