Sunday 8 March 2015

Kevin Holdaway's talk and demo at Hot Bed Press

On Friday night I went along to Hot Bed Press in Salford for Kevin Holdaway's talk and demo, which I found fascinating. It was great to see his enthusiasm and passion for linocuts shared with such a big crowd.


Kevin has an exhibition on at the moment at Stockport Art Gallery, which I got along to today: http://stockportartgalleryproject.com/kevin-holdaway/ including some great images of Manchester and Stockport:



Some prints have 33 colours - mind boggling! I really enjoyed the talk and picked up some great tips. Particularly interesting to see the condition of the lino plates at the end of the reduction process, the templates and the record of printing dates and colours.



Thanks for a really interesting evening - and a great insight into techniques developed over 30 years. Loved it! My personal favourite remains the original inspiration in Florence:



No comments:

Post a Comment