Saturday 20 June 2020

Labels for home-made ginger beer?

Have you ever thought of using linocut to create product labels? It had been on my mind for a while. I had home-made ginger beer in the fridge, in plain wine bottles, so I decided to have a go!

All just for fun, using 1 plate - and 2 ink colours, I decided on the name 'Murphy's Ginger Boom' - and here are my labels. 

Printed labels drying in the studio


Trimmed labels ready to go!

Yes, the fresh, live, natural, fermented product lived up to its name - and the label claims - and proved fairly explosive on occasions over the summer. Delicious and refreshing too. If you haven't tried it, I'd whole-heartedly recommend making your own old-fashioned fermented ginger beer - and the labels! 

On the bottles

Safest to open outdoors... delicious

To learn more about my work, please check out my website www.carolynmurphy.co.uk where you'll find my gallery, online shop and links to my social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment