Monday 20 March 2017

My Print for Twitter Art Exhibition 2017 (#TAE17)

This year's Twitter Art Exhibition raises money for a UK children's charity Molly Olly's Wishes. The charity art sale is on Saturday 1 April - and I'm hoping my gecko linocut will help the cause.
I've included below some images of the postcard in development. Entitled 'Sticky Feet', rather unusually for me, it is a multi-plate reduction: 2 plates and 4 colours. I hadn't combined the multi-plate and reduction techniques before, so it was a little high risk! Fortunately I didn't have to resort to plan B and my gecko arrived safe and well in Stratford-on-Avon on time.


Above is the finished postcard, with all 4 colours. Process shots and some of the earlier stage images are below:







I printed on 300gsm card and cut the border off at the end to achieve and image 16 x 12 cm (postcard size) to allow for easier printing. The ink I'm using here is water soluble Graphic Chemical ink. I hope you enjoy seeing the image emerge bit by bit. The idea was prompted by the butterfly in the Molly Olly's Wishes logo. It reminded me of a trip to a butterfly house, where a gorgeous green gecko was looking on through glass. Later I looked into what geckos enjoy eating - you guessed it, butterflies were on the list!

To see more of my work, please check out my website: www.carolynmurphy.co.uk where you will also find an online Shop with currently available work. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment